The farming as a process is a very complex one. It involves various steps and it is needless to mention that the steps need to be done systematically. The farming though a very old and a traditional kind of process. However, with the advanced technology bringing change in each sphere, the field of farming has also not been left unchanged. The farming over the use has brought in the scenario a large number of professional and automatic tractors and harvesters. The main aspect of the new generation farming is to yield more and more with the limited available resources. It is very obvious that with the rising population of the world, though the food requirement is increasing but the resources like the cultivable land is constantly decreasing. The most important criterion at this point for the farmers is to make ultra efficient use of the land and the other resources like water resources etc.
With the novice farmers, there are certain things that are absolutely crucial for them to understand. The farming needs to have a proper allocation of resources and the steps oriented around it. For the beginners, the practice will be of utmost importance. To begin with, they can experiment with various ideas or can even club upon many ideas. Here in, with great care, we have listed certain amazing tips by which the beginners can easily make way for successful farming.
The 3 most essential pro tips for the beginners in the farming business
1 ) The beginners ought to have an eye for multiple crops
- The most important thing to remember before starting with farming is that, there will be at times phases of uncertainty.
- The best method to lower the risk of lesser yield or lesser revenue generated, the beginners should always grow a variety of crops. Likewise, the farmers can grow a variety of green leafy vegetables and tomatoes together. The crops like cabbage and cauliflower can be easily grown in combination with various kinds of beans.
- The farmers need to understand that a multiple kind of crops can be grown with the help of cover crops as well. For an instance, the farmers can try growing strawberries and raspberries and can be protected by growing cover crops like lettuce or kale.
- The prime reason to grow multiple crops at a time, is to always have enough alternatives. Even if the production or the yield of kale happens to be low, there can be potatoes or brinjals grown to cover the loss from the damaged kale.
- The farmers can grow nutritious leguminous crops in between two crops. This will help in increasing the fertility and the nutrition of the soil. This in turn will help more and more crops to grow without exhausting out the soil.
2 ) Engage a community into the farming process
It is always better to have more people being into a work. This will increase the efficiency and will also stream in more ideas. With more manual labour, the work laid out will grow easier to process out. All the more, with more hands to engage with, the financial involvement will also no more feel like a burden. More and more machines can be purchased as well with the better allocation of the financial resources. It might be true for some that more individuals entrusted with the same work might create a scenario of chaos. For this, before jumping into business, the work needs to be categorically chalked out. Everyone should be given their own domain of work depending upon their skills. This will in turn help in the proper management of all the aspects of the agriculture. The proper utilisation of the resources with the right managerial skills will indeed make way for a successful farming.
3 ) Link the farm products to the markets in the region
The beginners ought to be keen in experimenting with newer ideas and with efficient use of technology. In farming, to cut down the earned profits, it is always necessary to raise a farm near a market. This will help in the proper and timely purchasing of farm requirements and also the selling of fresh farm products. The harvest if doe on proper time, can be easily sold out in the nearest markets directly at high prices. Using the various online sites, the farmers can also sell their farm products with equal ease by cutting out the haggling parameters which is prevalent in the local markets. If selling via online markets, make sure the farm products are not over ripe. Moreover, with the online markets, people in the neighbourhood can be easily benefitted.
Hopefully, with these 3 easy and wonderful pro tips, the beginners will indeed prosper in their farming business.